Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Please help. Last Day to donate is June 15th (Click on picture to enlarge)

The lady above, her name is Arcenia. She is suffering from advanced stages of malnutrition and "CEPUDO" helps her with medicine and special milk she needs to be able to get better.
A volunteer dropping off bags of essentials to the elderly.
Sonia Argueta (the tall lady on the far right) has been my point of contact. She is an angel. I could never catch up to all the marvelous work she's done to help people in need.
I have no words for this picture. Please donate to the $5 pledge. Thank you.


I just received more pictures of elderly who need help. My point of contact, Sonia Argueta who belongs to an organization called "CEPUDO" helps tons of people in that town. I am trying to raise $600 to send to Honduras to help feed these people. I cannot do it alone so I'm kindly asking for your help. Looking at these pictures made me sick to my stomach knowing that there are people out there who live under these conditions. This makes me feel soooo grateful for EVERYTHING I have and for having my family in good health. It even makes me feel guilty everytime I throw food away. I would like to say, "I know one person cannot change the world" but when I think about it deeply I realize that statement is not true. So I'm saying "I know I can help change the world to a better place and so can you". My intentions are not to make you feel depressed but to hopefully open up your eyes a little more to what is going on around us. Thank you so much to all of you who helped me last year and who have helped this year also, thank you, thank you, thank you and I wish I could personally hug you. Thank you.

No comments: